Natural Satellites Natural Satellites

Ok, but gets too hard.

Plus, the "physics" script is so so very simple
onClipEvent(enterFrame) {
_x+= (_x-_root._xmouse)/5;
_y+= (_y-_root._ymouse)/5;
}

All you need to do is change the 5. Other than the lack of physics, and the borrowed code, its ok.

Numenos responds:

i am afraid the physics script is nowhere near a simple as that, try 20-30 lines or so. that code doesn't even have an inertia count

i didn't "borrow" the code, i followed one of the tutorials in the external link of the as: main segment of elasticity, i didn't copy and paste anything, it was a good learning experience. i suppose it could be considered borrowing though, depending on how you look at it.

thanks for your review however!

The Tutorial Collab '06 The Tutorial Collab '06

Amazing

This finally came out after 2 months of work!

Great job Dep, great idea, and you came through, never gave up on the
project, and worked your ass off. Just great job, nice idea, and well done.

Depredation responds:

Thanks pyro :). Great review, almost a perfect review score so far :O. Thanks for taking part, you deserved Co :).

Newgrounds Hold'em Newgrounds Hold'em

Great game but....

The only thing that was weird is that you could see your opponents cards. I dont think you even had a hand.

Aside from that it was very well done, scripting this must have been fun. Once again you show everyone up with a very well scripted game.

Cant wait for the next game that you make. *cough* RPG or online multiplayer *cough*

Denvish responds:

Yeah, I really must start playing around with XML and PHP/ASP comm... I dunno how well my main ASP domain would handle multiple players, but it's the way forward and something I need to try out. It's just finding the time to develop game engines that's tricky.

Oh yeah, and you don't have 'a hand', you have the pick of six :)

Thanks for the review

HitFight 2 HitFight 2

Really low of you....

SUbmitting it twice because you got a low score. Thats really... just...argg. Whats wrong with you? You know thats not allowed..

Other than that, it was ok.

ZuiGe responds:

Ok that's not allowed, but if you had submitted a game you've been making for ages.. and then it gets a score under 3.3
.. Now it has about 4 average so i think that's good enough for a reason.. You must understand what i mean..

RPG Tutorial The Basics RPG Tutorial The Basics

Scripting needed work.

First off, although you did use the right syntax, there were better ways of going around the scripting than what you did. Instead of saying _root.hp=_root.hp-20; you could have said _root.hp-=20; You did however state the variables right, saying var hp:Number=100; as opposed to hp=100; (which would still work). The other scripting was very basic, but wasnt explained too well. There were no demos, and no final demo. Otherwise, this wasnt that bad.

Staticblaze responds:

Scripting works fine. Everything in the world doesn't have to be the way you want it.

R!SE R!SE

API eh?

Did you use your own API genorator to do this? If not it must have been horrible to draw all of that in API. Nice coding as usual, and I liked it.

When are you going to make a huge game, line an online one (im sure you know XML) or some amazing RPG? If not, why? Do it!

Great work as usual, and keep up the great work.
*bows down in worship* I am not worthy.....

Denvish responds:

Yeah, I used APIT
No, I don't know XML...yet. But, multiplayer online is something I'm definitely considering

Started an RPG, but it got put on the back burner for various reasons

Thanks for the review

White-Knight White-Knight

Great Job!

GRAPHICS(9)-- The draws were good, except I didn't like the feet. Everythign else was great, I liked the deaths, and I really liked the blood that came on the screen, makes it look really cool

STYLE(9)-- Well, it was different, but in reality it was justy senseless violence. But it was fun senseless violence.

SOUND(10)-- Good music and the sheep baaing was the thing that got you the perfect 10.

VIOLENCE(10)-- Killing things, what more can I say?

INTERACTIVITY(10)-- Well, the controlls were nice and simple, nothing too confused or hard to use.

HUMOR(7)-- The sheep and the giants guy throwing sheep was funny.

OVERALL(9)-- I am writing this review after beating the first boss, and I must say that this has really improved since you first showed it on the BBS. You have added so much stuff, and it is just great. I really liked it, it was fun to play, and the only thing I ask is for you to change the feet. Otherwise it was great.

FrostedMuffins responds:

Thanks pyro. And I see you're still racist against big feet >:( Someday you will becoming accepting, someday...
Again, thanks for the review and the score!

Murloc RPG Murloc RPG

Great Job

First of all, this was in the Warcraft section before it passed, AND on the frontpage before it passed. Now for the review, although Im sure you already heard all of this on the forums.

GRAPHICS[9]-- The graphics were good, but not yours, so it is only a 9. But they were taken pretty well from the game, and all of the other graphics were good.

STYLE[10]-- Although RPG's are pretty common, this was just plain better than the rest. It was very well done to be just like WoW, with the exception of the battle system. The skill points, and quests were very good, and te save system was a nice feature as well.

SOUND[8]-- The battle sounds were OK, but the looping music got kind of annoying. I realize because of file size that you couldn't include too much music, so that why I didnt give you lower than an 8.

VIOLENCE[10]--Killing things, what more can I say?

INTERACTIVITY[10]-- The backpack systems and shop systems were great, along with the character screen. The conrolls were fine, except than CTRL should toggle walk and run, so you dont have to hold it down.

HUMOR[6]--I always liked the Murlocks, expect you should have named the guy Murky like in WoW, it suits him much better. (In WoW you could get a Murlock as a pet, who sings and dances, and his name is Murky)

OVERALL[10]-- Few games get a perfect 10, and I think that this game really deserved it. You claim that the actionscript was easy, but I doubt that. Making the engin must have been a bitch, and making all the enimies as well. The inventory system must have been hard as well. Few people acually understand how much effort and actiopnscripting go into games like this, and I just wanted to let you know that it didnt fall short on me. I hope we helped while beta-testing yuur game over in the forums. Wow. This review took a long time to write, and you better respond to it. Im expecting great things from you in the future. Thanks for making this great game, and good luck.

un-mediocre responds:

Great comments pyro111! Thanks for testing out the game back in Beta :) A nice honest review, cheers. :D

Gladicus-ZERO arenaCombat Gladicus-ZERO arenaCombat

Style=1

Ok, I know you made Fear Unlimited, and all those other games, but comeon. So you made a little new aftwork (which was good btw) and a new storyline, but it still felt the same. Sure you cant rip off yourself, but really, it is almost the same as every other game made. It has the exact same attacks and animations. YOu have gone to far, stop milking the damn cow, because its dead. It was boring, and I know how much work you put into it and all, and I appreciate the effort, but for the love of God make something new!

The NG e-Penis Calculator The NG e-Penis Calculator

What about girls?

Would it be their e-boobs instead?

FLiXD responds: